My lovely critique group pal Kim tagged me for the 8 Things meme recently- and I am finally doing it! I am suposed to list 8 habits/facts about me, then tag 8 others to do the same at the end of the post. Here goes:
1. Almost everything in my house is handmade, reused, reconfigured from parts, or just plain old.
It’s more interesting that way. The studio does have a lot IKEA in it though (for practical puposes).
2. I love bagpipes. The louder the better!
Bombardes and binious rock, too.
3. On a similar note, I love pennywhistles.
I have at least 10 of them; I can play a few tunes on them, too.
4. I usually read at least 3 books at once. Which one I read on any given day depends on my mood du jour.
5. Even though I write for children, almost everything I read “for fun” is nonfiction. Here is a current selection of books pulled from my nightstand:
Yeah, Tasha Tudor and Adam Ant are two of my favorite artists- there are even some interesting similarities between them! Related to #4 above, I am currently reading The Tipping Point, Omnivore’s Dilemma, and Don’t Eat This Book. I haven’t started the WalMart one yet.
6. I don’t drink, don’t smoke, don’t take drugs, and never have.
They don’t interest me. It’s not easy finding other adults with this philosophy!
7. I am not particularly girly, and the only jewelry I wear is made out of seed, wooden, stone, or shell beads. Maybe a little silver thown in. I have at least 100 seed bead necklace variations that I have made myself. One for every possible occasion!
I’ve been making them since I was a pre-teen.
8. I luv compost!
That’s a THREE-BINNER, baby! Handmade by the talented Eric.
Alas, the bins are currently empty- the compost is doing it’s job in the garden now. But we’re starting a new batch.
OK, so now I am suposed to harrass 8 more people into participating- and I am going to gang-tag the PBI group.
I challenge you all!
Post on the PBI blog!