I have been tagged by Barb to proclaim six weird/obscure things about myself. Here goes:
1. My first job was as a “chambermaid,” which is a quaint term for someone who must do all the crappy work in a hotel. Highlights included 9-hour days in the hotel basement doing hotel laundry, and cleaning the public bathrooms. The public are slobs, trust me!
2. In junior high I was Romeo in the “Romeo and Juliet” play we did. And I was good- I got one of the only “A’s” that year.
3. In keeping with my fabulous theatrical career that was cut mercilessly short- I was called back twice to audition as the Polynesian daughter of Emile DeBeque in the stage version of “South Pacific.” Sadly, at 8 years old, I wasn’t able to project my voice properly. I still can’t!
4. I am addicted to maple sugar candy- you know, the kind that’s shaped like maple leaves and pilgrims. Oh, sweet heaven!
5. I studied Tae Kwon Do for 4 years in high school and tested through to 2nd-degree blue belt.
6. I collect foil. Not just the boring silver kind, no! The kind that comes off chocolate rabbits and Santas, and things of that nature. There are some at the top of this post. Purty, aren’t they? I have hundreds of them, and some of them are over 30 years old!
So, there you have it- a tiny fraction of the weird things about me. But that’s plenty. I am now tagging the chicks and guy of the Outside of a Dog group- you’re up!